Besides winning Plácido Domingo's Operalia, Levy Sekgapane has also taken the top prizes in the Belvedere Singing Competition and the Monserrat Caballé International Competition amongst others.
Following his appearances as Count Almaviva in Il Barbiere di Siviglia at the 2019 Glyndebourne Festival, he will make his Salzburg Festival debut in Mozart's Idomeneo, a Peter Sellars' production conducted by Teodor Currentzis, in late July/August before returning once again to the Rossini role at the Teatro Massimo Palermo the following month. In October/November, he takes to the Wexford Festival Opera stage in the little-known Rossini opera, Adina.
"If this excellent calling card is something to reckon with, this young South African should be able to elbow his way to the forefront in the lyric tenor trade. Lovers of Rossini and/or lovers of good tenor singing should have their fill here. The playing of the Munich Radio Orchestra is fully worthy of the occasion and the recording is excellent. Place your orders, music lovers!" - Göran Forsling, MusicWeb International
" Levy Sekgapane is a tenor with a very special, bright, youthful timbre. This young tenor can really seduce you with his voice. " Klassik begeistert Silverstergala Elbphilharmonie Hamburg
- Rossini: Il Barbiere Di Siviglia - "Cessa Di Piu Resistere"
- Rossini: L'Italiana In Algeri - "languir Per Una Bella"
- Rossini: La Cenerentola - "Si, Ritrovarla Io Giuro"
- Rossini: Semiramide - "Ah, Dov'e, Dov'e Il Cimento?"
- Rossini: Otello - "Che Ascolto?" - "Ah, Come Mai Non Senti"
- Rossini: La Donna Del Lago - "Oh Fiamma Soave"
- Rossini: Zelmira - "Terra Amica"
- Rossini: Il Turco In Italia - "Intesi: Ah! Tutto Intesi" - "Tu Seconda Il Mio Disegno"
- Rossini: Elisabetta Regina D'Inghilterra - "Deh! Troncate I Ceppi Suoi" - "Vendicar Sapro L'Offesa"
Fast delivery & returns worldwide