WINNER - UK ALBUM OF THE YEAR at the UK Americana Awards 2019
The newfound sounds and shapes that comprise Shorebound mark a moment in Ben Glover's musical history - a moment that nods to the past decade of his artistry even while pivoting into the next era. "I'm a believer in cycles, and 2018 will mark ten years since I released my first album," Glover says, "so it feels very much that this album is a major turning point in a cycle. Shorebound is an acknowledgment of where I am and a celebration of the people who I've gotten here with."
Indeed, collaboration has long filled Glover's career including co-writing the Americana Music Association UK's 2017 International Song of the Year ("Blackbirds") with Gretchen Peters. Playing well with others is something Glover both excels at and enjoys. He joins forces with friends on both sides of the Atlantic for Shorebound, including Peters, Ricky Ross (frontman and songwriter from Scottish rockers Deacon Blue), Mary Gauthier, Kim Richey, Angel Snow, Robert Vincent, Amy Speace, Anthony Toner, and others.
Not only does Shorebound pull together Glover's favorite musical collaborators, it also culls his best life lessons. Where previous albums Atlantic and The Emigrant witnessed him searching for his place in the world, geographically and otherwise, Shorebound finds him more settled, within himself, his career, and his two hometowns of Glenarm, N.Ireland, and Nashville, Tennessee.
- What You Love Will Break Your Heart (feat. Amy Speace)
- A Wound That Seeks The Arrow (feat. Angel Snow)
- Northern Stars (feat. Malojian and Matt McGinn)
- Catbird Seat (feat. Mary Gauthier)
- Dancing With The Beast (feat. Gretchen Peters)
- Ride The River (feat. Kim Richey)
- Song For The Fighting (feat. Neilson Hubbard)
- Wildfire (feat. Ricky Ross)
- My Shipwrecked Friend (feat. Anthony Toner)
- Keeper Of My Heart (feat. Robert Vincent)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide