Year Of The Cat: 2CD Remastered & Expanded Edition
- A NEW EXPANDED DISC EDITION OF THE CLASSIC 1976 ALBUM BY AL STEWART
- NEWLY REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL MASTER TAPES BY ALAN PARSONS
- FEATURING AN ADDITIONAL 10 BONUS TRACKS DRAWN FROM PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED LIVE RECORDINGS MADE IN SEATTLE IN 1976 & AN ALBUM SESSION OUT-TAKE
- INCLUDES AN ILLUSTRATED BOOKLET WITH AN ESSAY FEATURING AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH AL STEWART
- RADIO COVERAGE, REVIEWS IN NATIONAL PRESS, “CLASSIC ROCK”, “UNCUT”, “MOJO”, “RECORD COLLECTOR” & “PROG” MAGAZINES & ALL SPECIALIST PRESS
- COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings is proud to announce the release of a new re-mastered and expanded 2 CD edition of YEAR OF THE CAT, the legendary 1976 album by AL STEWART.
Recorded in the early months of 1976 at Abbey Road studios (with some sessions and mixing taking place at Davlen Studios in Los Angeles), YEAR OF THE CAT was the seventh album by Stewart and was the second album on which he collaborated with the celebrated producer ALAN PARSONS.
The record was an album of immense musical inventiveness and creativity and was a triumph both in terms of Al Stewart’s song writing and the stunning and sophisticated production by Alan Parsons. Featuring such classic songs as ‘On the Border’, ‘Lord Grenville’, ‘Midas Shadow’, ‘If It Doesn’t Come Naturally, Leave It’, ‘One Stage Before’ and the classic title track.
YEAR OF THE CAT was a major commercial and critical success on its release, reaching the US Billboard Top Five and was a European hit, eventually earning platinum disc status in the USA by March 1977. The single “Year of the Cat” was also a Top Ten hit in the States and was a Top 40 hit single in the UK, establishing Al Stewart as a major artist.
This 2 disc edition of this special album has been newly re-mastered for the very first time from the original first-generation master tapes by ALAN PARSONS and also includes nine live tracks recorded at the Paramount Theater, Seattle in October 1976 on the YEAR OF THE CAT tour and a new mix of the track ‘Belsize Blues’, recorded at Abbey Road Studios in September 1975.
This release also features an illustrated booklet with a new essay featuring an interview with Al Stewart and is a fitting tribute to a much treasured and legendary masterpiece by a consummate song writer and performer.
- Lord Grenville
- On The Border
- Midas Shadow
- Sand In Your Shoes
- If It Doesnt Come Naturally, Leave It
- Flying Sorcery
- Broadway Hotel
- One Stage Before
- Year Of The Cat
- Belsize Blues(Recorded At Abbey Road Studios In September 1975)
- Apple Cider Re-Constitution (Live 1976)(Previously Unreleased)
- The Dark And The Rolling Sea (Live 1976)(Previously Unreleased)
- One Stage Before (Live 1976)(Previously Unreleased)
- On The Border (Live 1976) (Previously Unreleased)
- Broadway Hotel (Live 1976) (Previously Unreleased)
- Roads To Moscow (Live 1976)(Previously Unreleased)
- Year Of The Cat (Live 1976)(Previously Unreleased)
- Sand In Your Shoes (Live 1976)(Previously Unreleased)
- If It Doesnt Come Naturally Leave It(Live 1976) (Previously Unreleased)