Lonely Boy ~ The Asylum Years Anthology: 7 Disc Remastered Boxset
- A NEW 7 DISC BOXED SET ANTHOLOGY WITH (6CDS / 1 DVD) CELEBRATING THE MUSIC OF LEGENDARY SINGER-SONGWRITER ANDREW GOLD RELEASED BY ASYLUM RECORDS BETWEEN 1975 – 1980
- FEATURING 74 TRACKS ON 6 CDs INCLUDING THE ALBUMS ANDREW GOLD, WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE, ALL THIS AND HEAVEN TOO & WHIRLWIND ALONG WITH A DISC OF OUT-TAKES AND RARITIES FROM THE ALBUM SESSIONS AND A CD COMPRISING 18 LIVE TRACKS (17 PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED) DRAWN FROM A CONCERT AT THE UNIVERSAL AMPHITHEATER IN LOS ANGELES IN 1977 AND A BBC TV CONCERT RECORDED IN NOVEMBER 1976
- ALSO INCLUDES AN ADDITIONAL DVD (NTSC – REGION FREE) FEATURING 6 PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS, THE COMPLETE BBC OLD GREY WHISTLE TEST CONCERT BROADCAST FROM 1977 & A SPECIAL FEATURE FROM THE SHOW BROADCAST IN 1978 – ALL PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED
- ALL NEWLY REMASTERED FROM THE ORIGINAL ASYLUM MASTER TAPES
- INCLUDES A LAVISHLY ILLUSTRATED BOOK WITH AN EXTENSIVE ESSAY & POSTER
- COVERAGE ON ALL SPECIALIST & NATIONAL RADIO
- REVIEWS IN “UNCUT”, “MOJO”, “RECORD COLLECTOR” & “CLASSIC ROCK” MAGAZINES & ALL PRESS COVERAGE ON RELEVANT WEBSITES & FANZINES
Esoteric Recordings are pleased to announce the release of LONELY BOY – THE ASYLUM YEARS ANTHOLOGY, a newly re-mastered seven disc boxed set featuring all of the solo albums released by legendary singer – songwriter ANDREW GOLD on the Asylum label between 1975 and 1980. One of the finest musicians and songwriters to emerge from the Los Angeles music scene in the mid-1970s, Andrew Gold had already established a reputation as an arranger and key member of Linda Ronstadt’s band before breaking out as a solo artist with his self-titled debut album in 1975.
His song ENDLESS FLIGHT was covered by British singer Leo Sayer on his album of the same name the following year.
The classic album WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE followed in 1976 and spawned the huge hit LONELY BOY and broke Andrew internationally. His third album ALL THIS AND HEAVEN TOO would produce three international hit singles in THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND, NEVER LET HER SLIP AWAY and HOW CAN THIS BE LOVE and was another acclaimed work. The 1980 album WHIRLWIND was Andrew’s final album for Asylum. More muscular in nature, it featured the excellent KISS THIS ONE GOODBYE.
Andrew Gold’s recorded legacy is now celebrated with this boxed set featuring 73 tracks on six CDs, including the albums ANDREW GOLD, WHAT’S WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE, ALL THIS AND HEAVEN TOO
Fast delivery & returns worldwide