The Rough Guide to Scottish Music (Third Edition)
Bonus CD: Cliar - 'Cliar'
There are few bands in the world with the ability to represent their country's history - hundreds of years of language, culture, music, song and storytelling - so powerfully. Cliar, a six-piece band based in the Scottish Highlands and Islands, captures the essence of Scotland's Gaelic history and presents it on stage and on their albums in a way which leaves no doubt about their place at the leading edge of traditional Scottish music.
- Mànran - Latha Math
- Salt House - Katie Cruel
- Lau - Butcher Boy
- The Chair - The Scariest Room
- The Campbells Of Greepe - Sìos Dhan An Abhainn (Down In The River To Pray)
- Karine Polwart - Tinsel Show
- Rona Wilkie & Marit Fält - Ebba Brahe/ Kilmartin Glen Campsite
- Admiral Fallow - The Paper Trench
- Kathleen MacInnes - Òran Dhomhnaill Phàdraig (Song For Donald Peter)
- Rachel Sermanni - Ae Fond Kiss
- Breabach - Mogaisean
- AMWWF - Pigeon Song
- Emily Smith - Still We Dance On
- Joy Dunlop & Twelfth Day - Faca Sibh Raghaill Na Ailean?
- Findlay Napier & the Bar Room Mountaineers - Cut Me Off
- Alasdair MacIlleBhàin (Alasdair Whyte) - Tuathal
- Clò Mhic Ille Mhìcheil
- A Fhleasgaich Oig As Ceanalta
- The DTs Set
- Mo Chailin Dìleas Donn
- Puirt A Beul
- Dòmhnall Nan Dòmhnall
- The Nameless Clan
- Cumha Coire Cheathaich
- Bha Mo Leannan Ann
- The Para Handy Set
- Ghràidh An Tig Thu?
- The Harpie Set Rionas Trip to Ulva
- 'S Truagh Nach D' Rugadh Dall Mi
Fast delivery & returns worldwide