The Rough Guide to Delta Blues
There can be little doubt that the blues grew up in the Mississippi Delta as an elaboration on work chants, slave songs, and the lyrical and haunting field hollers. Developing around the turn of the nineteenth century into the twentieth, the Delta blues became the most influential of all the blues forms, rising out of the fertile agricultural triangle located between Vicksburg, Mississippi to the south and Memphis, Tennessee to the north, and bordered by the Mississippi River to the west and the Yazoo River to the east.
- Bukka White - Special Streamline
- Tommy Johnson - Bye Bye Blues
- Skip James - Hard Time Killin' Floor Blues
- Robert Wilkins - I'll Go With Her
- Bo Carter - Who's Been Here?
- Sonny Boy Nelson - Street Walkin'
- Charley Patton - Poor Me
- Willie Brown - M & O Blues
- Mississippi Bracey - Stered Gal
- Mattie Delaney - Tallahatchie River Blues
- Son House - Country Farm Blues
- Kid Bailey - Rowdy Blues
- Memphis Minnie & Kansas Joe - I'm Talking About You
- Ishman Bracey - Trouble Hearted Blues (Take 2)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide