The Rough Guide to Avant-Garde Japan
A unique insight into the richness and diversity of a vibrant underground scene which draws on myriad influences from free jazz and electronica to Zen budhism. Following on from the success of other Japanese albums in the Rough Guide series it includes a previously unreleased live recording by the famed psychedelic collaboration Japanorama.
Compiled by the renowned radio presenter, journalist, and Japanese music expert Paul Fisher.
- Michiyo Yagi - Rouge
- Masanori Oishi - Syracuse Blues
- Haco - Over The Unfinished Bridge
- Cockroach Eater - Kyogen Qabbalah
- Ken Sugai - Daidai
- Karin - Uiteruyo?
- Jittyaku Orchestra - Suwarikome Koko e
- Emiko Voice - Sanosa
- Mutsumi Aragaki - Nankuru Nankuru
- Shibusashirazu - Akkan
- Shun Sakai & The Long Goodbye - Sukanpo no Sakukoro, Bengawan Solo, Kanpyo
- A Mother Tongue Project - Noosphere
- tsuMGuito - fPB
- Japanorama - Ensemble One
Fast delivery & returns worldwide