Fues One / Silk
RE-PRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2018
- The first two albums from 1980 and 1981 from this jazz funk supergroup.
- Originally released on Creed Taylor’s CTI label.
- Featuring jazz (funk) superstars including Stanley Clarke (Bass Guitar), Eric Gale (Lead Guitar), Lenny White (Drums), Tom Browne (Trumpet), John McLaughlin (Guitars), Stanley Turrentine (Saxophones), Wynton Marsalis (Trumpet) and George Benson (Guitar) plus many others.
- Package includes sleeve notes by Charles Waring, contributor to MOJO and Record Collector magazines.
Fuse One was conceived as a forum in which major contemporary musicians perform according to their own musical disciplines and interact without the constraints that accompany leader responsibilities. Each player brings in new compositions and ideas.
‘Fuse One’ was released in 1980, and kicks off with a Ronnie Foster composition titled ‘Grand Prix’ where Stanley Clarke takes the lead, and creates a Jazz (Funk) classic. Other stand out tracks are John McLaughlin’s ‘To Whom It May Concern’ and ‘Taxi Blues’ composed by Clarke. ‘Silk’ was released one year later and features ‘In Celebration Of The Human Spirit’ and ‘Silk’ which was the band’s only single, this CD compilation includes the 7” version as a bonus track along with the George Benson composed B-side ‘Ode To Kudu’.
- GRAND PRIX
- TO WHOM ALL THINGS CONCERN
- DOUBLE STEAL
- SUNSHINE LADY
- TAXI BLUES
- IN CELEBRATION OF THE HUMAN SPIRIT
- HOT FIRE
- SILK (7? VERSION)
- ODE TO A KUDU
Fast delivery & returns worldwide