Band leader Oli Lazarus has gathered a stellar cast of musicians and singers - the likes of Angie Stone, Mica Paris, Omar, Tony Momrelle, Navasha Daya, Anthony David, LaSharVu and Sharlene Hector breathing fresh and irresistible life into seminal grooves by Maze, Evelyn 'Champagne' King and Teena Marie among others.
Reel People's first full studio album in 10 years (following acclaimed releases 'Second Guess' and 'Seven Ways to Wonder' , as well as compilation work including 'Golden Lady'), 'Retroflection' reflects the highest possible level of passion and polish. Such soulful devotion and craftmanship has ever been a Reel People hallmark. Recorded in London and Atlanta over an intense 12-month period, 'Retroflection' avoids the formulaic overload of modern beats and basslines that countless others pursue. Here the past is artfully reawakened, Reel People's talented cast of performers re-treading classic riffs with new yet respectful purpose. Their compelling neo-soul blend of now and then should awe diehards and newcomers alike. 'Retroflection' is one hell of a return.
- I Want To Thank You (Feat. Mica Paris)
- Don't Stop The Music (Feat. Angie Stone)
- I'm In Love (Feat. Navasha Daya)
- Buttercup (Feat. Tony Momrelle)
- Always There (Feat. Sharlene Hector)
- Can We Pretend (Feat. Tony Momrelle)
- I Need Your Lovin' (Feat. Lasharvu)
- Can't Fake The Feeling (Feat. Navasha Daya)
- Thinking About Your Love (Feat. Omar)
- Keep It Up (Feat. Anthony David)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide