Down the Back Lane
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
Chulrua (pronounced cool-ROO-ah) translates from the Irish as "red back" and was the name and distinguishing feature of the favourite wolfhound belonging to ancient Irish hero Fionn MacCumhaill. It is also the name of an internationally acclaimed trio of respected exponents of Irish traditional music: Paddy O'Brien (button accordion), Tim Britton (uillean pipes, whistle, wooden flute, mandolin) and Pat Egan (guitar, vocals). Here they perform a selection of Jigs, Reels, Airs, Hornpipes and Harp Tunes.
- Slip Jigs: I'm the Boy for Bewitching Them/The Man Who'll Never Be ...
- Reels: Paddy Taylor's/Micho Russell's/The Bloom of Youth
- Song: A Day in Sligo
- Jigs: Neary's Jig/Fasten the Leggings/Jackie Roche's Favorite
- Song/Reel: Lough Melvin's Shore/Tom Bawn's Reel
- Hornpipes: The First of May/An Buachaill Dreoite
- Harp Tune/March: Lament for Terence McDonagh/March of the Jacobites
- Song: Farewell to the Gold
- Accordion Solo - Air/Hornpipe: The Poor Wayfaring ...
- Pipe Solo - Slow Air: Dark Loch Na Gar
- An Ghaoth Aniar Aneas/Down the Back Lane/At Home in the Kitchen [Jigs]
- Air/Song: Lament for Captain Henry O'Kane/The Drover
- Harp Tune/March/Hop Jig/Reels: Planxty Maguire/The March of the ...