From Here: English Folk Field Recordings
Recorded on location, produced and curated by Nicola Kearey and Ian Carter, these brand new recordings offer a different way to hear some distinguished folk names alongside lesser known artists. Renowned for music that's true and unadorned, they invited the musicians to think about what 'From Here' means to them - by way of place or geography, or as a way of exploring their musical origins - 'here's what I am, this is where I'm from'. An investigation not only of the past, but also of cultural identity; what it means to be making folk music now.
"Our aim is to connect folk music to a wider audience whilst challenging the perception of what it is - here are important artists, performing in the most traditional way possible raw and powerful."
This carefully curated collection is a snapshot of English Folk music right now, connecting the old to the new, the past to the present. It's an intense, intimate experience for both artist and listener.
- Jack Sharp - Bedfordshire May Carol
- Eliza Carthy - The Sea
- John Kirkpatrick - Here's Adieu to Old England
- Bella Hardy - The Ballad of Hugh Stenson
- Martin Carthy - The Bedmaking
- Nicola Kearey - Georgie
- Jon Boden - Fathom the Bowl
- Lisa Knapp - Lavender Song
- Spiro - Lost in Fishponds
- Samuel Lee - The Wild Rover
- Stew Simpson - Eh Aww Ah Cud Hew
- Fran Foote - The Irish Girl
- Sam Sweeney - Bagpipers/Mount Hills
- Fay Hield - Bonny Boy
- Peta Webb & Ken Hall - Just A Note/Wild Wild Whiskey
- Rob Harbron - Young Collins/Getting Up Stairs
- Men Diamler - 1848 (Sunset Beauregard)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide