You Ought To Be Havin Fun: The Columbia/Epic Anthology
RE-PRESS: CD ORIGINALLY RELEASED IN 2018
- Solid 2-CD by the legendary Tower Of Power, considered one of the premier funk’n’soul’n’jazz bands of the past five decades.
- 35-track collection focusing on two specific periods of the internationally-renowned group’s career.
- Disc 1 consists of cuts from ‘Ain’t Nothin’ Stoppin’ Us Now’, ‘We Came To Play’ and ‘Back On The Streets’, the three albums released by Columbia Records between 1976-1979.
- Disc 2 is derived from four albums – ‘Monster On A Leash’, ‘T.O.P.’, ‘Souled Out’ and ‘Rhythm & Business’, released by Epic Records between 1991-1997.
Formed initially in 1968 in Oakland, California, they signed to Warner Brothers in 1971, the horn-dominated band scored a string of hit singles and best-selling albums. By the mid-’70s, Tower Of Power signed with Columbia Records, self-producing their debut set then working with Stax musical legend Steve Cropper on their second LP and finally with Chicago arranger/producer Richard Evans and Detroit hitmaker McKinley Jackson on their third Columbia album. During the ‘80s, the band toured worldwide extensively before signing a new contract with Epic Records in 1991, resulting in four albums enthusiastically appreciated by their global audience.
Co-produced by David Nathan and distinguished US writer/ musicologist Kevin Goins who provided extensive liner notes.
- Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now
- Because I Think The World Of You
- You Ought To Be Havin' Fun
- While We Went To The Moon
- We Came To Play
- Love Bug
- Lovin' You Is Gonna See Me Thru
- Am I A Fool
- In Due Time
- And You Know It
- Rock Baby
- Heaven Must Have Made You
- By Your Side
- Somewhere Down The Road
- Doin? Alright
- It?s So Nice
- Just Make A Move And Be Yourself
- Deal With It
- Bittersweet Soul Music
- Soul With A Capital "S"
- Please Come Back (To Stay)
- Souled Out
- Recapture The Magic
- A Little Knowledge (Is A Dangerous Thing)
- Who Do You Think You Are
- How Could This Happen To Me
- Diggin' On James Brown
- Come To A Decision
- Rhythm and Business
- That Was Then,This Is Now
- Come On With It
- You Can?t Fall Up (You Just Fall Down)
- Cruise Control
Fast delivery & returns worldwide