Stravinsky: Firebird Suite & Borodin: Polovtsian Dances
This 1978 performance of Stravinsky's The Firebird (plus two pieces from Borodin's Prince Igor), masterfully led by the great choral master and conductor Robert Shaw, is a highly regarded recording in the classical community. This reissue will mark the first pressing of the title on vinyl since its original release.
Inspired and intelligent, Igor Stravinsky's The Firebird paints a tonal masterpiece from the initial notes, to the closing curtains of his earliest work One of classical music's consummate geniuses, Stravinsky's interpretation of Diaghilev's 1910 ballet, is as magnificent as the fiery plumage of its firebird.
- The Firebird Suite: Introduction
- The Firebird Suite: The Firebird and Her Dance
- The Firebird Suite: Round Dance of the Princesses
- The Firebird Suite: Infernal Dance of King Kastchei
- The Firebird Suite: Berceuse
- The Firebird Suite: Finale
- Prince Igor: Overture
- Prince Igor: Polovtsian Dances