Running the gamut from the Fairport-esque folk rock of Ratcliffe Highway to his stripped bare a capella rendition of MacColl's radio ballad Exile, this album is a tour de force by an exciting new artist on the British folk scene.
The album also marks the first time Thom has brought a band together to accompany him. Featuring Ellie Wilson (Stick In The Wheel) on violin and Mike Randon on drums/percussion, this record showcases Thom's unique approach to bass playing, giving the instrument a chance to shine on its own and as part of an ensemble.
Thom's EFDSS funded debut album brings together 11 newly recorded tracks, including 4 new original songs.
- High Germany (Trad arr. Ashworth)
- Pathfinding (Ashworth)
- Poverty Knock (Trad arr. Ashworth)
- Look To Windward (Ashworth)
- Exile ( MacColl)
- Ratcliffe Highway (Trad arr. Ashworth)
- Derry Gaol (Trad arr. Ashworth)
- Crossing The Water (Ashworth)
- The Snow It Melts The Soonest (Trad arr. Ashworth)
- John Barleycorn (Trad arr. Ashworth)
- The City & The Tower (Ashworth)
Fast delivery & returns worldwide