Head Of Steam
Compact Disc (Audio)
No of Discs:
Brass Monkey return with their folk and brass line-up to claim their rightful place as The Folk Supergroup Brass Monkey is THE English folk band, Led by Martin Carthy and John Kirkpatrick, who, between them, have played with almost every important folk and folk rock group of the last 30 years (Steeleye Span, Richard Thompson, The Waterson's, The Albion Band, The "Morris On" Band etc). Brass Monkey features an extended line up with vocals, guitar, melodeon, concertina, trumpet, trombone, percussion etc, creating a Deep English sound. Brass Monkey is the original folk supergroup with deep roots in the English Tradition. Coupled with a great appeal to all music fans, from rock to classical this puts them head and shoulders above the rest. Their new CD, Head Of Steam, marks a triumphant return to the recording studio for Martin Carthy after too long an absence. His version of "The Trees They Do Grow High" is one of the standout tracks on a superb album.
- The Moldavian Schottische; The Snowdrop Polka
- The Press Gang
- The Barbados Lady
- Lichfield Tattoo; The Radstock Jig; The Quickstep from "The Battle of Prague"
- The Trees They Do Grow High
- Banbury Bill; The Old Woman Tossed Up in a Blanket; The Beaux of London City; Hunt the Squirrel
- Bold Archer; Dearest Dicky
- The Red Lion
- Hornpipe; Peckett's Hornpipe; The Welch Hornpipe
- The Loss of the Ramillies
- Nelson, The Fallen Hero; The Death of Nelson
Fast delivery & returns worldwide