As You Near Me
Graham Campbell is a versatile guitarist, composer, and active member of Toronto's music community. He earned his degree in music at Humber College after studying with jazz great David Baker in Bloomington, Indiana. His composition "Tune for Andy" was featured in the DVD release of the Robert Altman film, California Split. He can be heard frequently playing jazz, rock, folk, reggae, and traditional and modern Brazilian music from clubs and cafes to concert halls.
James Campbell has performed as soloist and chamber musician in over 35 countries with over 65 orchestras including the Boston Pops, Montreal Symphony and the London Symphony. He has collaborated with Glenn Gould and Aaron Copland and toured with over 35 string quartets, including the Guarneri, Amadeus (when he replaced an ailing Benny Goodman on a tour of California) and Vermeer.
The Afiara Quartet are winners of Concert Artists Guild International Competition, Young Canadian Musicians Award, top prizes at the Munich ARD International Music Competition and the Banff International String Quartet Competition. They have played venues such as Carnegie Hall, Kennedy Centre, Lincoln Centre, and London's Wigmore Hall.
Personnel: James Campbell (clarinet), Graham Campbell (guitar), The Afiara Quartet
- Gonzaga, arr. Graham Campbell: Corta Jaca- Chiquinha
- Graham Campbell: As Janelas Grandes
- Django Reinhardt, arr. Graham Campbell: Nuages
- Graham Campbell: Tune For Andy
- Paulo Moura, arr. Graham Campbell: Tarde de Chuva
- Graham Campbell: Mid-February
- Graham Campbell: Thinking Stop Thinking
- Antonio Carlos Jobim: Wave
- Django Reinhardt: Tears
- Victor Schertzinger/Johnny Mercer: Tangerine
- Gene DiNovi: Celia
- Graham Campbell: As You Near Me
- Abel Ferreira: Chorando Baixinho
- Graham Campbell: Take The Go Train
- Graham Campbell: La Ananda
- Graham Campbell: If You Moved Away
Fast delivery & returns worldwide